With our boarding services for cats and dogs, the Aboard the Ark team in Tazewell County will treat your pet like our family. They'll have a home away from home while you are away.
Contact Aboard the Ark: 1 309-346-7275
A Home Away From Home
We understand that having to leave your pet when you go out of town can be stressful – doubly so if they are sick, or when they are recovering from a surgery or procedure. At Pekin Veterinary Clinic, we want to help put your mind at ease.
We offer complete daycare and overnight pet boarding services, in addition to medical boarding services for pets with conditions that standard boarding centers may not be equipped to accommodate.
Boarding: A Typical Day
Every morning, the dogs venture outside to our outdoor run to get some fresh air before breakfast. While they are outside, their kennels are cleaned, disinfected, and stocked with fresh linens.
Depending on their physical ability and capacity, we walk the dogs who stay with us on a regular schedule.
Your dog will also be supervised throughout the duration of their stay – both during walks and while they rest. Dinner is served in the evening, and then we have one last walk before bedtime.
The dog boarding area is separated from our area for cats.
Your cat will be fed according to your specifications and their needs, to ensure their routine is the same as it is at home.
We provide daily one-on-one interaction with kitties (if it's wanted!) including snuggles, play, and pets. Litter boxes are checked, cleaned, and disinfected periodically throughout the day.
Additionally, your kitt's linens are refreshed and rooms are cleaned daily. To ensure your kitty feels relaxed and safe during their stay, our cat boarding area is separated from the dog area.
Pet Medical Boarding
Peace of mind is essential when you leave your companion with us therefore, we are pleased to offer the services of the fully equipped veterinary hospital right next door and staff for medical emergencies or services.
Dietary requirements, injectable medications, and/or health needs are handled with compassion and expertise. Boarding pets stay in a separate area away from hospitalized animals.
Your pet will be supervised by our pet care experts, who will administer medications and watch over them closely. Any required medications will be administered to your pet on the same schedule they are used to at home.
We have a ventilation system designed to move airflow directly out of the building which protects pets from airborne viruses and contact illness.
FAQs About Pet Boarding
All of our staff are serious animal lovers, and our entire team enjoys giving our boarders all the attention and care they deserve while staying with us.
The FAQs below feature answers to some of the most frequently asked questions our clients have had about animal boarding at Pekin Veterinary Clinic.
If you have further questions about boarding, please feel free to contact Aboard the Ark Resort & Spa!
- What makes your boarding services different than others?
Individual attention is the hallmark of our service, so personal playtime with a staff member can be requested up to 3 times a day in one of our 30-foot fenced areas.
- What accommodations and amenities do you have?
We've got everything your pet needs for a fun, recuperative and safe stay, including the following accommodations and amenities:
- Climate-controlled kennels
- Laminated dog condos with fleece blanket (for small canine guests)
- Spacious kitty condos (for feline guests)
- Partially heated floors, allowing your pet to choose their optimum temperature
- Comfy raised beds for off-the-floor sleeping or relaxing
- Clean towels, blankets, and bowls
- Individual space for each pet
- Separate boarding area for cats
- Outdoor play area
- Ample daily playtime with staff
- Special diet accommodations
- Ark Bath, which include shampoo/conditioner, brush out, nail trim, and ear cleaning, Ask at drop off for pricing
- Is there a limit to the number of pets I can board at a time?
We have a large facility and are able to accommodate several animals at once, provided you give us sufficient notice.
Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to board family members (canine/canine or feline/feline) together.
- How much does pet boarding cost?
Boarding fees vary based on the duration of the stay, the size of the pet, and special medical requirements. That said, our pricing is affordable and competitive, and we welcome you to contact us for a quote.
- What time should I drop off and pick up my pet?
Monday through Friday: 8am-12pm & 3pm-5pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – noon
Sunday (pick-up only): 4 – 5:30 pm
Reservations are recommended, especially for holidays and summer weekends. During these times, we recommend that you call 2-3 weeks in advance to increase the chance that a spot will be available.
- What should I pack for my pet?
Food: We provide food for pets staying with us. However, please feel free to bring enough of your pet's regular food to last the duration of the stay.
Medication: If your pet takes any medication, bring it along for our staff to administer.
Toys: If your pet has a special toy or two, bring them along.
- What if my pet needs to take medication?
We will be glad to administer your pet's medications while they are with us.
- Can I get updates about my pet during their stay?
Yes, feel free to call us during your pet's stay for updates. If there is a problem, we will contact you via the emergency contact information you provide.
- How should I prepare for my pet's stay?
Each animal is different. To prepare for your pet's stay with us, we'll take the following steps to ensure that we can meet their unique needs.
Step 1: Contact us to get started
Call us to book, and to discuss details about your pet and your boarding needs. A member of our team will be happy to to coordinate your booking.
Please note that, due to the nature of our accommodations, we do not accept unaltered dogs. Pets must be up to date with all vaccinations and free of fleas and ticks to stay at our facility.
Boarding requirements may include:
- Pre-Entry Exam – given at the time your pet enters our facility. If ticks or fleas are found, your pet will be treated prior to entering the boarding unit.
- Vaccinations - Current vaccination records must be presented upon initial check-in and will be kept on file for future reference (Dogs require Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, and Bordetella; Cats require Rabies and Upper Respiratory Complex). Vaccines must be administered at least 7 days prior to arrival
- Check-Out – a full day is charged for the day your pet arrives; if picked up by 1:30 pm on the departure date, there will be no charge for that day.
Step 2: Book a trial stay
We want to be absolutely sure that we are a good fit for your pet before an extended stay. The trial stay consists of a full day of daycare where we can take the time to assess your pet's temperament and make sure they fit in with the pack.
Step 3: Set your pet up for success
On the day you drop your pet off with us, there are a few steps you can take to help reduce any stress your pet may feel.
Spend some extra time with your pet beforehand, and make sure they get some vigorous exercise so that they are feeling calm. When you arrive at our facility, stay calm, cheerful and confident during the separation.
- What do you feed animals that don't have their own food?
For pets that are not on a special diet, we can provide food for the duration of their stay.